Monday, November 12, 2012

5 Months Old


Dear Davin,


You are five months old. It seems this month went by so fast! You are still a happy, smiley baby most of the time. People are automatically drawn to you, and everyone comments on how "chill" you are. I have to agree. You are just a big bundle of sweetness.

You are still growing bunches. Daddy and I tried to weigh you a couple days ago and came up with about 15 pounds, 4 ounces. You are mostly in 3-6 months clothes with a few 3m and 6m mixed in. You're long with chubby thighs and chubby cheeks. You love to put your feet up by your face....and in your mouth! You still wear size 2 disposables.....and I wonder if we'll ever go back to cloth diapers. You also must have big feet, because your size 2 shoes are almost too tight.

You nurse five times a day for about 15 minutes. You've had a couple short bouts of not wanting to eat well, but they don't usually last long. I think you had a growth spurt about a week ago because you were waking up in the middle of the night a LOT and eating. It was very uncharacteristic of you.  You typically sleep from about 10 PM - 8 or 9 AM, so you can see why middle of the night wake-ups were rough. On good, normal days you nap for 1.5 - 2 hours in the morning and another 2-3 hours in the afternoon. I'm especially thankful for the times when your nap coincides with your sister's. It's about time to transition out of your Rock n Play into a cradle or crib. You are also still swaddled, so I dread that transition as well.


You rolled over (belly to back) the morning of your four month well check - October 19. You rolled from back to belly a couple days later, and you've been rolling ever sense. When I put you on your playmat you almost always roll right to your belly, sometimes getting frustrated in the process. You can scoot your way around the mat to reach things to mess with. It's funny to see the way you entertain yourself. You've gotten your knees up under you a couple times, so I suspect you may be crawling by Christmas! You are also able to sit for very short periods of time, you usually topple forward, but sometimes you go backward or sideways. I've noticed a huge improvement in this are just this past week though, so you're close to being a full-fledged sitter!

You love to pull hair, play with your pull-toys and jumperoo, babble and "talk" to us, cackle at your sister's antics, give me big open-mouth kisses, sleep with your hands near your face for naps, suck your paci when you're sleepy, sit in your Bumbo and mess with anything within reach, and have your diaper changed. You tolerate bath time and despise having lotion put on. Your carseat usually makes you sleepy, and you just love attention from anyone.

We took a trip to Nana and Pa Bill's and spent a day in Christiansburg. We threw Daddy a surprise birthday party there and you got to meet a lot of our friends from back in VA. The next day we had you dedicated at Pine Mountain church. Nanie, Mal, Grandma Abel, and Brady came to celebrate with us. It was great to have our close family all together to celebrate YOU. I pray often that you'll grow to be strong in your faith in the Lord and do mighty things for Him. Your Daddy and I want great things for your life.

You are a blessing and the cutest little (almost) bald baby I've ever seen. Your smile is infectious and your laugh warms my heart. I adore spending my days with you and your sister, though I may want to pull my hair out every now and then. Some days aren't easy, but I wouldn't trade this time for all the sleep in the world, and I know these baby moments are passing too quickly!

Love you, sweet Spud!
Love, Mommy












playing with your feet












happy boy












not so happy boy












Say what??????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whispers in the Hallway