We'll keep ya posted! No signs of Brenna being a February baby yet, but we're praying!
Saturday, February 27, 2010
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
*I am still 70-90% effaced.
*Brenna is at a -1 station, much improved from -3 on Friday.
*My cervix is still REALLY posterior - so he couldn't even see how dilated I was.
*All four of my doctors are booked for inductions next week. They are trying to fit us in.
*My induction will be March 8 unless they fit us in or labor happens on its own.
*I'm ready for her to be here!
*I'm going to finish out the week at work....and I'm definitely tired!
Let's see if this full moon thing really works.....it's supposed to be on Sunday! :)
Thursday, February 18, 2010
They had also collected money for a Wal-Mart gift card, which I thought was really sweet, especially since the economy in the county where I teach is, well, crappy.
We played the "string around the belly" game - which I refused at all the other showers, but I figured it couldn't be that insulting with kids. It was about 1/2 and 1/2 - some were too small and some were too big. But most were almost exactly right! I told them the ones who guessed too small got As and the ones who guessed too big got Fs! ;) One of them got it dead on, which impressed me. One of them also stuffed her shirt with one of the recess balls and then measured. Creative, but still too little, haha!
We also ate ice cream cones and played baby Bingo! The kids were so excited. Two of my favorite quotes were:
"Well you've got a belly in your baby, so it's gonna be big." HAHAHAHA
"I'm glad you're having a baby!" Me - "Why, cause you get ice cream?" "Yep!"
I'm really going to miss those kids. Could tomorrow be my last day with them? Who knows!
Thursday, February 11, 2010
THE TOP TEN THINGS I WILL MISS ABOUT PREGNANCY:
1. Feeling her move. It's rough when I'm trying to sleep, but I love knowing she's in there.
2. The anticipation of what it will be like when she gets here!
3. Being pregnant with friends - such a fun thing to talk about. Kelley is ending our pregnant-togetherness tomorrow though - Rhys and Owen are coming!!
4. The compliments - I'd be lying if I didn't say this. People tell me I look great even when I don't. Can't help but love that!
5. Napping without guilt.
6. Clean cloth diapers - they look so cute and fluffy sitting there all clean and poop-free!
7. Reading books about pregnancy - I think it's so fun to get prepared and yet still have no clue what's getting ready to happen!
8. Wearing comfy clothes around town and not feeling like a slacker!
9. The kids at school who whisper in the hall...."Is she pregnant?" Um, where have you been for the past 20 weeks?
10. Sprout. She won't be Sprout for much longer!
THE TOP 10 THINGS I WON'T MISS ABOUT PREGNANCY:
2. The random limb that she pokes in my left side every night. I'm gonna like that limb a lot more on the outside!
3. Maternity clothes. I cannot wait to wear pants that zip.
4. Having too much time on my hands and shopping online wayyyy too much! I'm seriously looking forward to working out again and having a figure again. Let's hope the motivation holds out!
5. Having to sleep on my side - oh I cannot wait to lay completely belly-down again!
6. People constantly asking "Why haven't you had her yet?" I appreciate their concern - but just a notice....I'm not due yet!
7. Hearing random opinions about how I should labor. My baby, my decisions, thank you very much!
8. Not knowing if she is vertex or breech. She's restless like her mama!
9. The occasional swelling of my fingers. It has only happened a few times, but I don't like it.
10. Visits to the doctors. They were fun at first, but they are pretty ridiculous by this point. And they hurt. A lot.
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Oh, I forgot to mention that Saturday before we left for the hospital we packed up the car just in case we came home with a baby. It made us realize we are still not completely ready, so this weekend will be spent making sure everything is completely in place. We're getting there. We even have a car seat in our car now - scary stuff!
Sunday, February 7, 2010
I called the doctor on call, and he suggested I take some immodium and see if that helped, and if it didn't, to head on in to the hospital. The immodium helped clear up the bathroom issues, but the contractions were getting a little more intense. I was so scared to be the girl who went in only to be told she was crazy, but I couldn't really handle it anymore. So, off we went!
They checked me in to triage of L&D and got me all hooked up about 11:00 PM. Brenna had a good heartrate, my blood pressure was good, and the contractions were showing up on the monitor right when I was telling them I felt them. They decided I was severely dehydrated, so got me onto an IV - and I eventually took a bag and a half. About 2:00 AM, they put in some pain med and anti-nausea medicine in my IV and I was able to sleep off-and-on. At some point they determined I was about 1.5 - 2.0 cm. dilated but very posterior, which meant I wasn't in active labor. I was still 1.5 - 2.0 when we left at 4:00 AM - and the nurse thought she might have felt a head, which would be great!
They sent me home with 1 dose of 2 different medicines, and they are finally wearing off now. I did have a nice little conversation with the toilet today, which I'm sure means I'm officially as empty as possible. I'm keeping down Gatorade, and I might branch out to crackers in the morning. The contractions are still coming, but much more irregularly and not quite as painful. The nausea is back, and not fun, but we're hanging in there.
I'll call my doctor first thing in the morning and try to get them to see me and also do an ultrasound to check on her position - breech or not? I'm also hoping for a few more meds to get me through this for the next few days, but we'll see!
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Monday, February 1, 2010
It's February! This is the month that you are supposed to arrive. I've been waiting for this day for a long time. It seems so much more real now that the calendar finally says February. It's so reassuring to me that you are still healthy and thriving, but that you could survive just fine if you came now.
I can't wait to meet you. I am dying to know what you look like. I hope you have lots of hair - everybody else hopes you come out bald as can be! With all this heartburn that I've had, you better have hair! I can't wait to count your fingers and your toes and kiss your nose a thousand times that first day! I can't wait to see Daddy hold you for the first time - and change his first diaper!
So, until you decide it's time for a birthday party, we'll be waiting. February is a great month for a birthday - trust me, I know. If you want to share birthdays, I'm okay with that, too! Just make sure to let me know when it's time so I don't have to worry about thinking it's time when it's not, okay?
I love you little Sprout!