Wednesday, May 4, 2011

14 Months Old!

Dear Brenna,

You are 14 months old! It seems like you've changed so, so much this month. You are a big talked and have learned lots of new words - Nanie, Nana, Nini (banana), wawa (water), turtle, moo, meow, JoJo, peeee (please), cha cho (thank you), shh (shoe), milk, and PawPaw. You try to mimic what we say a lot more now, and you understand many, many more words that you can't say yet. Your voice is the cutest thing - along with your giggle. You like to make us laugh by playing peekaboo or making us chase or tickle you. You're super playful. You'll also run to me and give me a hug when I stoop down and hold out my arms. I'm also happy to report that you'll actually kiss ME when I ask now instead of the air! I love it!

We had to go to the doctor again this month because you had a really bad diaper rash. We got it cleared up though, and all is well. You weighed in at 20 pounds, 11 ounces - so you had a little growth spurt! You're still wearing 12 month clothes almost all the time. You're wearing sizes 3 or 4 shoes and you have to wear them a lot now because we've been playing outside a lot. I've taken you to the playground near our house several times and we've had a blast. You're quite a daredevil (Mrs. Kate agrees!) and also love to slide!

You spent another night away with Nana and Papa Bill this time. They loved having you and Mommy and Daddy enjoyed a date night while you were gone. We also went back to Pine Mountain for Easter Sunday, after spending 2 days in Bristol with Nanie, Aunt Mal, Uncle Josh, Grandma Abel, and Sissy. You looked adorable on Easter Sunday and were such a good girl. You sure got a lot of attention that weekend!

You have slowed down on your eating quite a bit. You're not really into meat right now, but I'm hoping it's temporary. You've tried out grilled cheese, which you really like. And your favorite is definitely bananas! You had your first restaurant meal (a grilled cheese with ham from Macado's) and have made a huge mess of many restaurants. I've never cleaned up so many messes! Luckily you're cute so people don't seem to mind too much. You still eat oatmeal or eggs for breakfast, and drink at least 18 or more ounces of milk each day. You got your third and fourth teeth on the top, and so you have quite a strong (and painful) bite.

Daddy started his job with Apple in Maiden, North Carolina this week. He'll be coming home as often as he can, and we miss him like crazy. We're working hard to sell our townhouse so we can finalize our house in Newton and move as soon as I'm finished with school. I think we're going to have so much fun this summer together. I enjoy having you as my "buddy" and I look forward to our bond continuing to grow.

Oh, and you wore your first pigtails. Cutest.thing.ever. Since you won't wear bows anymore, I tricked you into pigtails. Sorry, but it's a girl thing! You'll understand one day.


I love you, my little Sprout!
Love, Mommy

*This post was written on May 4, I promise. Just took me this long to get the pictures taken. Luckily, I got to take them with my new camera! WOOHOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whispers in the Hallway