Sunday, May 29, 2011

#9 - Virginia

I've never had a driver's license from any state other than Virginia. I lived in Tennessee one summer after college (reminder - I lived in Bristol, which is on the VA/TN border, so this is SO not a big deal). I lived in NC for about 9 months (one school year) after college but never changed my residency (is that illegal?). But, the time has come to actually ADMIT that I will be a resident of another state. For some reason, this is hard for me to come to grips with.

Virginia is a pretty great state. It has great colleges and universities. It has great places to visit and beautiful scenery. It was the home state of EIGHT American presidents, which is more than any other state. It gave up part of itself for our nation's capital, for crying out loud! And if you've never been to the Shenendoah Valley or Abingdon, Virginia - add them to your list!

NC is a close drive to all these places. And I'm sure North Carolina has some great places to visit, too. But for now I'm grieving the loss of my residency in the state that I think is pretty darn great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whispers in the Hallway