Friday, January 8, 2010

Snow Day Update

Today is our first official snow day of the school year, so I vowed to use some of my free time to update this blog. I really need to get in the habit now, so that I'll be better at recording things I want to remember about Brenna's first days. I'll start with updating a pregnancy survey so I can be sure to remember this time!
How far along? 33 weeks, 1 day
Total weight gain/loss: about 28 pounds, yuck
Maternity clothes? except around the house - I can still pull off a few of my bigger tshirts
Stretch marks? Let's not go there...
Sleep: It comes and goes - getting rougher though!
Best moment this week: 2 hour delays Monday-Wednesday, 2 hour early release on Thursday, snow day on Friday....extra time to work on baby stuff!
Movement: Like you would not elieve!!!
Food cravings: I seem to want a lot of fruit and chocolate!
Gender: girl
Name: Brenna Jane
Labor Signs: nope

Belly Button in or out? in, but barely!
What I miss: a waistline, sleeping on my stomach, working out (weird, I know!)
Weekly Wisdom: I will never get the feeling of her inside me back, so I might as well enjoy it!
Milestones: We can now say we are having a baby NEXT MONTH (hopefully!)


We are officially one week into the new year, and I realized I need to make some resolutions. So, here they are.
1. Birth a baby and keep her safe, healthy, and happy.
2. Lose the pregnancy weight and the extra ten I was carrying when I got pregnant.
3. Run at least 2 5K races, maybe even the same one I did last year in Greenville? Kelley?
4. Keep my motto that "babies are portable" and not let her limit our family, but instead to include her and provide lots of fun memories for all 3 of us! Okay, okay, she won't remember them, but still...
5. Hear my husband say, "You were right about cloth diapers. They really aren't that bad."
6. Wear pre-pregnancy clothes to the many, many weddings we'll be attending (and in!) this summer!
7. Read through the Daily Bible.
8. Drink more water.

I think those are some lofty goals. Pretty much all I care about is number 1, but the rest would sure make me a more pleasant mommy! All this baby talk has inspired me to go work on her nursery, but maybe later I'll post about our baby shower in Bristol.....and soon I'll be able to post about our church shower and our shower with Jonathan's family. For now, here's the two of us:

2 comments:

  1. Hahahhahahaha. Yeah I'll come cheer you on at the 5K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Erin! I found you. And you ARE having a girl. :) And you're smart about goal #4 -- you're right, they're portable at this age! You'll enjoy a stage of mobility early on, then you'll be a slave to naptimes before they get flexible again. Good goals and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Whispers in the Hallway