Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Getting Ready....

This baby's arrival is getting closer and closer! The one big thing that I had to get ready (other than, you know, getting everything a baby needs, creating a nursery, and growing her inside me) was 8 weeks of substitute plans for my class. I only found out last week who my sub was going to be, so I went ahead and did very detailed lessons just in case. I actually have 10 weeks worth of plans ready in case she comes early (or I just can't take it anymore!) My sub is a very nice lady who graduated last year and did her student teaching in 2nd grade, which means she already knows some of my kiddos. They are thrilled about her being their teacher, which makes it a little easier to leave them!

She has quite a lot to teach - especially since I'll only be back for about 2 weeks before SOL tests start! The big thing right now is to get everything I want to have covered so she can start where my plans start. This means snow days are NOT my friend right now - and we haven't had one during the past 2 weeks, shew! I still have to cover fractions, decimals, and money in math. I still have to cover ancient Mali, ancient Egypt, and ancient China in SS. Reading is pretty spiraled, so I'm not too worried about that. I am, however, worried that they still can't rhyme. I'm hoping she has some magic for those little basic skills.

I am happy to report that we now know who our current president is, the name of our state and our country and the capital of each, our 7 continents and 5 oceans, and what a synonym is. We've made huge strides I tell you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whispers in the Hallway