Sunday, March 3, 2013

3 years ago

3 years ago RIGHT NOW was probably the most painfully exciting time of my life.  We had finished up a great dinner at Ruby Tuesday after spending a few hours in L&D without being in labor.  I was having fun telling our waitress that my baby was due 6 days earlier.  Then I went into labor right at the front door of Ruby Tuesday's.  It was so chaotic, but I remember it like it was yesterday.  I blamed the crab cakes.  I tried to convince Jonathan that I would be fine to go to work the next day.  Sheri tried to convince me that I was in labor.  April tried to convince Jonathan to get me to the hospital.  And I tried to convince Jonathan to just do a c-section in the living room.

I never knew that I could handle so much pain.  It was the most horrific pain, and it was the most exciting time of my life.  When I think about not having any more babies, it makes me feel so nostalgic.  My labors have both been so FAST, and in turn so painful, but it is the anticipating of what was to come that was just so exhilarating.  Getting to call our parents and tell them that their first grandchild was on the way, mass texting to friends, hearing about progress from the nurses and doctors - it was just so, so fun (post epidural).

And now that sweet little baby has gone and grown up on me and she's 7 hours away from turning THREE!  She's a spit-fire and she tests us multiple times daily.  But she's the most perfect girl for us, and I couldn't imagine our lives without her.  She's fun and adventurous and funny and adorable - and she's my greatest accomplishment.  My heart is so full of love for her that sometimes I still think it might burst.  I love, love, love my girl.

Here's to being a mommy to a THREE YEAR OLD!

1 comment:

Whispers in the Hallway