Monday, September 10, 2012

3 Months Old!

Dear Davin,

You have officially left the newborn stage and become only an infant. That seems fitting, since you're growing like a weed! You weigh about 13 pounds, 6 ounces and are super long! At 2.5 months you were 12.10 pounds and 24.5 inches long. You wear 3 and 3-6 month clothes and still small or size 1 diapers. You still nurse 6 times a day, but i wouldnt be surprised if you go down to 5 times soon. You still spit up a lot, but don't seem too upset by it most times. People comment all the time on how fast you're growing!

You are the smiliest baby I've ever seen! You have this huge, gummy smile that just melts my heart! You are almost always happy unless you have a little gas or are ready to go to sleep. You smile, giggle, and "goo" all the time. You nap 3 times a day but still at somewhat varying times. If you miss a nap or one gets cut short you don't see, too phased by it. I won't lie when I say that I love when you nap at the same time as Brenna! You sleep from about 11-11:30 PM until usually 8-8:30 AM. Most mornings you start sleeping lightly and even grunting around 6, but almost always stay asleep. I'm so grateful for these long sleep stretches! You still sleep in your Rock 'N Play next to our bed and it works well so we'll keep it up for awhile longer.

This month we took your first beach trip and you were so, so good! You slept under our tent on the beach and seemed perfectly content! You liked riding around in your wrap on me quite a bit, too. We also went to Brady's first birthday party and to Nana's, and your family had fun snuggling you lots that weekend. It's fun having a snugly little baby around again. We have been taking some walks at night,and you love to give special smiles to whoever is pushing you. You go along with the flow of our busy family so well! You've stayed in the church nursery the past two weeks, and have enjoyed being rocked to sleep both times.

We're still waiting for you to roll over officially, although you did do it once last week, but I'm not sure if your arm was under you to "assist" or not. I think the reason you don't do it is because you're pretty content no matter where or how you're laying. Evernote nights you want to lay on the couch for awhile and kick like CRAZY! Seriously, it hurts if you're close enough to kick me. Maybe that's why you sleep so well at night! You sit up really well in your Bumbo seat and enjoy getting to sit up with us at the table at dinner time.

You're a joy and loved so much. I dread you growing up, but I look forward to all the memories we'll make as a family. I find myself staring into your eyes a lot and just trying to soak up your babyhood.

I adore you, Spud!
Love, Mommy


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whispers in the Hallway