So, I realllly want to start some Christmas traditions as a family this year. Growing up we didn't have many traditions, aside from going to my Granny's on Christmas Eve and to my Aunt/Uncle's on Christmas Day. We always opened stockings first and Santa didn't wrap his gifts. But no do-or-die traditions per say. So, I've been reading a million lists (thanks Pinterest) and have put together a lofty goal. Does your family have any fun Christmas traditions that you think we should adopt?
1. Wrap 25 Christmas books (or other fun picture books, Bible stories, etc.) and unwrap one to read each night.
2. Every Thanksgiving afternoon, make a new Christmas ornament for the tree.
3. Go out to dinner (same place every year) and then drive around to look at lights.
4. Cut down our own Christmas tree.
5. Make Jesus a birthday cake.
6. Christmas Eve present - a Christmas movie or CD, new pajamas, hot cocoa mix
7. Read the Christmas story from Luke before opening family presents.
8. Buy a new game for the whole family each year. Have game time that afternoon.
9. Give kids a candlelight bubble bath.
10. Adopt an angel from the angel tree.