Wednesday, August 4, 2010

5 Months Old!

Dear Brenna,

I'm sitting here writing this note to you while you jump and play in your jumperoo. You've become a big fan of it and you are just jabbering away. I could sit here and listen to your "talking" all day long. It's my most favorite sound in the world! Daddy and I are starting to wonder what your voice will sound like when you start really talking, and I can already tell it might be a little high-pitched and so cute!

You're growing up so fast and we're trying to soak it up as much as we can. You've come a long way since your 4 month mark. You can sit up now without any help for longer periods of time. You love to play with your toys - balls, stuffed animals, and anything else you can find - while you are sitting up. You're also still rolling over from your back to your belly all the time - and are even starting to try really hard to scoot and crawl. I think you'll be crawling before much longer because you are so determined and so strong! Daddy and I aren't ready for that yet - it means you're becoming a big girl AND we'll have to be even more on our toes than we already are. Shew!

You're still a champion sleeper - usually about 10 hours at night and 2-3 naps. Sometimes your naps get really short, but you always get back on track after a few days. You are still nursing 5 times a day (when you wake up, about 11:30, about 3:00, about 6:00, and about 9:00) and haven't had any solid food yet. We'll wait until your 6 month mark and evaluate things from there. Nursing you makes me feel so great because I can provide all your needs without relying on anything or anyone else. How cool is that?
You are still growing! Since you don't have a doctor's appointment this month, I'm not sure of your exact stats, but I'd guess you are maybe about 14 1/2 pounds. You're still wearing your 0-3 month clothes and I think you'll be wearing them for a little bit longer, especially the dresses. I guess you're just a little petite thing, but I'm okay with that since you are continuing to grow and develop right on (or even ahead of) schedule! You're size small diapers still fit and you wear size 1 diapers when we have to resort to disposables. You got to wear your first two bathing suits this month at the beach, and I've never seen you look cuter!

Speaking of the beach, we just got back from your first beach vacation. We went with London and his parents, and we had a great time. You liked the ocean and sand okay. You really seemed to like the pool when you were in your float. I bet you'll be a water baby - which is okay by us! I can't wait to see how much you love vacations as you get older. I hope you do, because Daddy and I love to travel.

You also got to go to 2 more weddings this month. One of Daddy's best friends, Chuck, got married and Daddy was an usher. One of Mommy's best friends, Sheri, got married and Mommy was a bridesmaid. You were excellent at Sheri's wedding. You were not so excellent at Chuck's, but you behaved at the reception at least. One more wedding to go to - this Saturday - in Richmond. You always try to steal the show from the brides! :)

Your little personality is developing and we are enjoying every second of it. You've reached for us a couple of times and you just giggle when we play peekaboo with you. It's hard to believe it's only been 5 months - because we can't really remember life without you. But, on the other hand, time is flying. But, it really needs to slow down because you and I only have 2 1/2 weeks left together until I go back to work. I dread it so bad and I usually cry when I think or talk about it. I know Kate will take good care of you. But, I want you to always remember that I love you more than anything and I would rather be with you than anywhere else in the world. Hopefully one day we won't have to deal with the times I have to go back to work. Until then, I know we'll survive, even though it won't be fun.

I'm so proud to be your Mommy. Everyone always comments on how good, sweet, gorgeous, and sweet you are. The first thing I usually hear is how pretty your eyes are. I agree, of course, and not just because your mine. I think you're amazing and I couldn't ask for more. I never imagined I could love anyone this much - until you.

I love you, my sweet little Sprout.

Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

  1. I forget that Brenna & The Bop share a month birthday. We wrote some similar things about our little gals this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so impressed that she's sitting up already! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete

Whispers in the Hallway