- She always gives honest advice, opinions, and information. She is always willing to answer questions, even when they are about weird, gross pregnancy things!
- She writes blogs about her (former) students. I do that, too. I bet she was a super fun teacher!
- When she says she'll pray for you, she really does!
- She has a cutie patootie son who she blogs about and they are super fun to read!
- She lives in D.C. and gives me good advice about places to see when we travel there. She also agreed to show us around if we ever make it there without sixty 7th graders in tow!
- She shares her BFF (Kelley) with me!
- She's a great mom and she has a lot of great wisdom already (after only 4 months - impressive!)
And recently I've also gotten to be email buddies with another college friend of Kelley's - Erin. We got to be cyber-friends through a discussion on her blog about cloth diapering. And then we realized we were cyber-soulmates! When I read her emails it reminds me so much of myself it's not even funny! Here are the reasons I'm super glad I commented on her blog that first time.
- She makes me laugh. Outloud. I often read her emails aloud to Jonathan because they are so hilarious - and true!
- She doesn't call me mama, even though we both are crazy about cloth diapers. By crazy I mean totally obsessed in a ridiculous way.
- She will say whatever's on her mind - we've talked about some really gross and personal things through email, and I've never laid eyes on this girl!
- Her hubby is an engineer (like Jonathan) and they love to travel (like us)! And, um, her name is Erin. Coincidence? Yeah, probably, but still cool!
- Her babies were both late. That makes me not hate her like all the other moms who had early babies. Just kidding....kinda.
- She keeps my cloth diaper buying in check. Or at least she tries. Sometimes I don't listen - like those 4 minky blueberries she told me not to buy - oops!
- She likes lists. How could you not love that?
And that is my synopsis of my two new internet friends. Maybe they'll become real-life friends during my maternity leave while I have some travel time. Granted Merritt and I have met, but a visit to DC sounds super fun, don't you agree?