Friday, March 19, 2010

Week 2 - Success!

Well, we've finished up our 2nd full week as parents, and it's been great! I must admit that I'm not sure what I would have done if Jonathan hadn't been home with us for these first two weeks. I'm DEFINITELY dreading him going back to work on Monday - we're going to miss him and I'm going to miss all his help! It's been so fun being a new little family together - doing everything together was lots of fun and a lot easier! Brenna had lots more "firsts" this week...

*She met her great paw-paw for the first time. He was sick when they came to the hospital, so he stayed in the car.
*She went to her first sit-down restaurant - Ruby Tuesdays - which is where I went into labor a few days earlier! Oh wait, she went to the Crown Buffet Mongolian Grill before that - but I'm not sure I'd call that a "sit-down restaurant". It's pretty ghetto - but delicious!
*She went to the mall for the first time - she loved the Gap Outlet!
*She had her first photo shoot with "Uncle Muscles" - AKA Jeff, who is the most awesome photographer I know and is going to be Brenna's future uncle-in-law! (He's London's uncle!)
*She went on her first walk to the Huckleberry - and cried most of the time. :( We'll keep trying though, it's one of our favorite things!
*She visited mommy's school for the first time today. It was SO fun! We got there while my kiddos were at lunch, so I visited with my teacher friends for awhile. Then I took her to meet my class, and they were beside themselves with excitement. The first thing I hear when I walk in the room is, "Your belly is flat!" from my little Jacob. Oh, Jacob, you're my favorite just for saying that! They begged to hold her, but I had to say no - little germy monsters! Maybe they can when we visit again in a few weeks! Then my little Devin came down the hall while Sheri was holding Brenna. She said, "Do you want to see Mrs. Halsey's baby?" He just looked at my stomach and was super confused. It was too much! Anyway, Brenna got to meet most of mommy's favorite people at Macy and got lots of love and hugs from bunches of people!

Tomorrow is going to be our first BIG outing. Brenna and I are going to Roanoke with Sheri and her other bridesmaids to look at bridesmaids dresses for her wedding. Let's pray she doesn't cry the whole time - it's a good thing that the carseat seems to be a sleep machine! :)

Here's to the second half of Brenna's first month - may it be just as wonderful and rewarding as the first half has been!

2 comments:

  1. Whew! What a week! Don't work her too hard, momma! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. see? you ARE one of those get-up-and-go moms! Have fun in Roanoke, hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete

Whispers in the Hallway