Sunday, April 19, 2009

Here Come the 7th Graders! Watch out DC!

Well, it's that time of the year again. When Mrs. Halsey turns into tour guide of the century for 75 seventh graders. But, wait, I teach 3rd grade. For the past 3 years I have planned this trip as part of my "internship" that was over 3 years ago. But, honestly, I don't mind. I actually kind of like planning it. I can deal with 7th graders for 3 days. But then, give me back my babies! Here is the lowdown on our trip:
Wednesday - Jefferson Memorial, FDR Memorial, Capital Tour, Laying a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown at Arlington, Nationals vs. Braves game (wahoo!), Finally hotel at 11:00
Thursday - Tour of the Pentagon, Smithsonian, IMAX at NMNH, Washington Monument, National Zoo, Monuments (Lincoln, WWII, Korean, Vietnam), Dinner at Phillips Buffet
Friday - National Archives, White House (from the outside only, boo!), Iwo Jima memorial, Air & Space at Dulles, homeeeee!

Pray for patience, health, and great times for all going. I may just give you a picture update when I get back. I'll probably get in trouble if I post those pictures before wedding pictures. Sorry, Ashley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whispers in the Hallway