Sunday, December 29, 2013

33Before33 - #20 - Nursing

I knew that I wanted to make it until at least he was at least a year old to wean Davin.  Nursing Davin was overall easier than nursing Brenna because I never had to go to work.  I rarely had to pump (woohoo!!) and he was a pretty quick eater.  We had a bit of a struggle when he was really young before my milk was completely in - similar to the struggle we had with Brenna.  I supplemented her a tad during her first month because she wasn't gaining weight quick enough (and lost a tad too much) but I was determined not to have to do that with Davin.  After we got going, it was pretty smooth sailing.  I struggled through mastitis (on vacation.  at the beach.) and yeast issues (during Valentine's Day.  and my birthday.) and we still kept it up!  He acted like he had a magnet to me for many months - and I'm pretty sure it was because he knew Mommy=food!!  We dropped down to one feeding a day for awhile and I knew he was ready to drop that.  I, on the other hand, had a hard time because I knew it was probably the last time I would nurse a baby.  On July 27, when he was about 13.5 months old, I nursed him for the last time.  He never missed a beat and it was good ending to that nursing relationship.  I am proud of myself that I was able to nurse both of my babies past a year.  Score one for Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whispers in the Hallway