Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 in Review

It's no secret that 2011 was a hard one for me. I'm hoping 2012 will be the welcome change that our family needs! Here's our year in review....and I'm sure this will remind me of how blessed our family has been, even through the tough times. (A second annual thank you to Merritt for this idea!

January
*Brenna became an official walker, talker, and big girl food-eater.
*I fell on the ice with Brenna and she hit her head. All checked out okay, thank goodness.

February
*We threw my mom a surprise 60th birthday party in Bristol.
*Jonathan interviewed with Apple.
*We found out my sister was pregnant.
*Jonathan and I went to a Darius Rucker and Brad Paisley concert in Roanoke.

March
*Brenna turned ONE! We celebrated with friends and family at a party at the Christiansburg Rec Center.
*I helped throw a baby shower for my BFF April.
*Tinley Reese Basham was born!
*Brenna switched to a "big girl" car seat.
*Bill, Jonathan's stepdad, had to have open heart surgery. While wevwere there Brenna had her first overnight stay with my mom.
*I weaned Brenna.
*We all got the stomach virus.

April
*We put an offer on a house in NC.
*Brenna had a sleepover with Pa Bill and Nana.
*We celebrated Easter in Bristol and Pine Mountain.
*Jonathan worked his last day at ALTESS and we attended a goodbye luncheon for him.

May
*Our church threw us a going away party. Sad times.
*Jonathan started working for Apple.
*We got our new dSLR camera.
*We celebrated my second Mother's Day.
*Jonathan went to San Francisco for job orientation
*Brenna came to school with me and spent 2 days with Lea Beth and Larry Bowers.
*Brenna and I went to Abingdon for Jayla's second birthday party.
*We celebrated Kristen's graduation from Tech.
*I started giving my last round of SOL tests.

June
*I taught my last day at Macy. I cried for days because of the way my time there ended.
*We celebrated Jonathan's second Father's Day.
*Brenna was a flower girl in Carrie and Eric's wedding in Bristol. I directed my first wedding!

July
*Brenna and I celebrated the 4th of July with our neighbors in Christiansburg.
*We spent lots of time at a park near our house. Brenna loved it when Liam was there, too.
*Brenna called ALL men "Daddy". I blushed a lot.
*Brenna and I attended our 2nd annual Cow Appreciation Day at CFA.
*I threw my sister a baby shower in Bristol.
*I went to NC for a thirty-one party and an early anniversary getaway while J's parents watched Brenna.
*Brenna went to 1 nap each day.
*We celebrated our 3rd anniversary with a dinner at Nawab and some Bubblecakes!

August
*We went to the beach with the Bashams.
*My sister had an emergency c-section while we were at the beach. I cried to be so far away.
*We left the beach early because of Hurricane Irene. B and I headed to Bristol to meet Brady!
*We sold our townhouse.
*The 3 of us attended the Steppin' Out festival in Blacksburg.

September
*We spent a Saturday at a local Pumpkin Patch.
*We found out that Baby #2 was on the way!

October
*I ran a 5k in Roanoke.
*My great aunt Phyllis died, so I left Brenna with my in-laws and went to Bristol for 2 days.
*I ran the entire Huckleberry Trail - 6.2 miles!
*I found out my BFF teaching partner Sheri was pregnant and due 5 days after me.
*I finally got an iPhone.
*Jonathan and I watched the Hokies play while Lisa and Kevin watched Brenna for us.
*We celebrated London's second birthday.
*The contract on our townhouse fell through. I cried a lot. We decided to rent it to the potential buyers in hope that they will be able to buy in the spring.
*I had my first prenatal appointment for the baby in NC at 7 weeks, 5 days.
*We spent Jonathan's 30th birthday packing up our house and moving out. Brenna hung out with my mom for 3 days.
*We moved into a rental house in NC and took Brenna trick-or-treating.

November
*I continued with morning sickness all day, every day. This didn't help me get excited about our new home.
*Brenna learned a ridiculous amount of new phrases and kept us laughing!
*I found out my BFF teaching partner Lisa was pregnant and due 3 weeks after me! Yep, that makes the entire third grade team pregnant!!! It makes me miss them even more.
*Brenna and I spent a few days in Bristol while Jonathan worked on Thanksgiving. He met us there on Friday and we had Thanksgiving dinners with both of our families.

December
*J and I had a weekend alone - which we spent at his company Christmas dinner and then shopping in Charlotte.
*Brenna got an ear infection. Then she got a yeast growth from the antibiotics.
*We celebrated Christmas here On the 22nd, in Pine Mountain on the 23rd, with Jonathan's family on the 24th, with my family on the 24th and 25th, and with Jonathan's dad on the 27th. It's a good thing Jonathan got 12 days off for Christmas.
*I got to see Sheri while we were in Bristol.
*I felt the baby move for the first time!
*We celebrated NYE at home with a fondue dinner and some Netflix!

Next year there will be TWO babies sleeping down the hall on New Year's Eve!

1 comment:

  1. Lots of changes happened for you guys this past year. And lots of great ones to come in 2012! I can't wait to see how your year turns out.

    ReplyDelete

Whispers in the Hallway