Monday, October 15, 2012

4 Months Old

Dear Davin,

Time flies buddy! You are growing up way too fast for my mama's heart to be okay with! I am so in love with you. You are the happiest baby I've ever seen. Your smile takes up your whole face, and you'll smile at almost anyone. Your eyes sparkle just like you big sister's do, and I hope they stay blue!

Ivebeen accused of spoiling you a little bit, and it may be true. It is a very good possibility that you'll be the last baby I ever have,and that realization makes me just want to savor your babyhood even more. You love to nap in my arms, though we've tried to stop that over the past week. You're now taking a good long morning nap in your Rock 'n Play and another nap in the afternoon usually on the couch with me so I can help you when you lose your paci. You will sometimes sleep a little more in the late afternoon or evening,but not always. You go bed about 10:00 and sleep until usually 8:30-9:30. You've had a couple of spells of waking up earlier, but almost always go back to sleep. You did wake up at 5 a few nights ago and wanted to eat and play a little before going back down. You usually nap in my arms during church. You may just be a mama's boy! Oh, and you seem to like your little taggie dog....you hold it near your face when you're tired. You also put your hands by your eyes when you're really sleepy.....a good sign for me to get you to sleep quickly!

You weigh roughly 14 pounds and still seem tall to me. We will find out for sure on the 19th when you go for your well visit. You've dealt with a slight cold and had a fever for a day or two. Oh, and your neck rolls make your skin stay chapped, but even that doesn't seem to bother you. You wear mostly 3-6 month clothes and size 2 disposable diapers. You nurse 5 times a day - usually when you wake up, 12:00, 4:00, 7:00, and 9:30. You are fast and super happy when your belly gets full!

You love to interact with Brenna. She's a wild one, but you just watch her and giggle and smile. She loves you, though I often worry she might kill you on accident. She does NOT, however, love it when you pull her hair. You are really into pulling on things lately,but we all prefer it to be your toys and not our hair.

Your head control is excellent,and you're already trying to scoot along the floor. You haven't rolled over yet, but I attribute that to your laid back personality and the fact that you are pretty content on your back or on your belly. You've been really close several times though so I expect it soon. You're a flexible little guy. Daddy cracked up the other day when you stuck your toe in your nose while he was changing your diaper. You LOVE playing with your toes, too.

We spent a week with Nanie and you were so good. You are easy to tote around, though it does mess with your naps a bit now. Everyone comments on how sweet and friendly you are, and that makes me pray that you'll always have that demeanor. You are an adored little boy. You've had visits from Grandpa and spent a couple days at Nana and Pa Bill's with me and Brenna, too.

I'm beyond thankful to be with you all day every day and watch you develop. We're going to have great fun in the days and months ahead! If only we could make it slow down a bit!

I love you Spud!
Love, Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Whispers in the Hallway