Friday, May 11, 2012

Mental (Cyber) Note

I wanted to jot down a few things that Brenna has said/done lately that I want to remember.  I'm smart enough to know that I can't keep up the monthly chronicles for her AND Davin, but I do want to periodically make note of some things that have made us laugh/smile from time-to-time.

*The other day we were at a stop sign.  She started spelling S-T-O-P.  We bragged on her and I told her that was a stop sign.  Then she replies, "It's an octagon!"  Thank you Sesame Street.  So now we have moved on to bigger and better shapes.  She already knew circle, square, triangle, star, heart, and diamond.  She's working on "trapa boys" (trapezoids) and rectangles now.

*She loves to watch people write words.  She thinks anything you write spells Brenna Halsey.  When Elmo writes out "Elmo's World" with his crayon, she always remarks, "Elmo write Brenna's Halsey".  Hilarious!  The other day I was showing her how to spell Mommy, but she was looking at it backwards.  She insisted, "That's not a M, that's a W!"  True, true little smartie.

*She loves to sing "The Wheels on the Bus", "Old MacDonald", "Twinkle, Twinkle", "Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear", "Itsy Bitsy Spider", an ABC song she heard on YouTube that goes through every letter..."A is for Apple, a a Apple...B is for Ball, b b Ball....".  She can sing the whole entire song!

*She's obsessed with praying.  We pray more than I've ever prayed in my life during the day.  That's a good thing.

*We went to see Jonathan's great uncle who has terminal cancer 3 weeks ago.  She saw him in the room and got scared.  His name is Don.  Brenna will randomly remark that "Donna's sick in the bed".  I'm not sure if she knows it's Don or if she thinks it's my cousin or aunt Donna that she knows well.  I try to explain to her the best I can that he's sick but he's okay.  She wanted to pray for him the other day.  Childlike faith and innocence at its best.

*She's obsessed with bubbles, coloring, running, chasing Maggie, feeding Maggie Beggin' Strips, wiping things down with a wet "papal towel", tea parties, wearing hats, fruit snacks, the 3 bears story, "strawbabbees", "chocit", tractors/lawn mowers, and her daddy.  She's terrified of automatic car washes and bugs.

*She likes going to the doctor with me and hearing her brother's heartbeat.  She uses her pretend stethoscope to listen to my belly (and leg/back, arm, etc) at home.  She also likes to check our ears, give us medicine, and test our knee reflexes.  She's getting better at cleaning up her toys and books.

*She brought me my phone the other day and Tetris was opened.  I've never even played Tetris on my phone.  I've played it on the Ipad, but not really around Brenna.  She told me as she handed me the phone, "I'm playing Tetchus".  Um, what?

*Two nights this week she called out to me after she was already in bed.  Both times she wanted to "sing a song in the chair".  I'm obviously not going to pass on that opportunity!

*Still not potty-trained.  We gave up because she got sick during our training and haven't started back up.  She's 100% not interested.  I'm 36 weeks pregnant.  I realize we need to get this show on the road, but excuses are so easy to come by!

*She's fun, challenging, loving, hysterical, shy in front of strangers, outgoing in front of friends/family, and a blessing to everyone.  I'm obseessed with HER!

1 comment:

  1. You forgot that she said "Rain comes from Sheri!" haha :)

    ReplyDelete

Whispers in the Hallway