Friday, December 31, 2010

Birth Year

So, we've got about 3 1/2 hours left in the year that my baby was born. Somehow that just seems impossible. I guess if your kid is born in December, that's not too big of a deal. But, for us mommies-of-March-babies, it's a sad feeling. However, I cannot wait to watch our sweet girl grow in 2011! In honor of the new year, I started a list of the top 11 things about our year. But, I gave up. All that really matters is that no baby on this planet is more loved than our little Brenna Jane, and the blessing of parenthood is one that we couldn't have ever imagined we'd love this much!

Dear 2010,
You were the best year of my life so far. We started out in crazy circumstances - namely a bus stop in the middle of ghetto Atlanta after the Chick-Fil-A bowl. I may not have been too friendly to you during the first 2 months, but you have to understand I wasn't at my best then. However, you gave me the greatest gift - the gift of being a mom. There is no way I'll ever forget all the "firsts" that you gave us. You will forever be the year that changed our family. You gave us quite a scare during your last few weeks with my mom's health, but yet again I'm thankful for the good news there, and pray it continues into the new year. I guess all good things have to come to an end, so we'll be saying "adios" to you shortly. But, don't worry - we way too many pictures to remember you by! Please have a chat with your friend, 2011, and let him know that we're ready for another exciting, blessing-filled year! Thanks for the smiles!
Love, Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whispers in the Hallway