Sunday, September 12, 2010

Labor Day in our Nation's Capital

We spent Labor Day weekend in Washington, D.C. with my mom, my sister, and my cousin. My mom and sister had never been and Sissy (my cousin, don't ask about the nickname) hadn't been in many years. So, we packed up and got ready to play tour guides. And I think we did a pretty good job. We enjoyed a great deal (with parking!) at a hotel only 2 blocks from a Metro stop. We did a TON of walking, but had a great time and saw a ton of things in one full day and two half days. I absolutely love DC and enjoyed finally being able to see it with my family, instead of with seventy 7th graders and grumpy chaperones - HA!
Brenna started the trip by sitting in a high chair for the first time at Panera Bread in Manassas.
Our first stop was Arlington National Cemetery.
Brenna rode a Metro for the first time. My mom, sister, and cousin had their first ride on a subway, too.
We saw Ford's Theater - a new experience, even for me!
the room where Lincoln died.
our family outside the American History museum
This picture is only for Merritt. No other meaning.
Michelle Obama's Inagural Dress

Holy Hannah, what a Buffalo! (The animal, not my hubby).
I got to see Julia Child's kitchen - SO FUN!
:)
6 months and 1 day old!

We showed them all the war memorials. I didn't realize how badly I wrapped Brenna on my sister until I saw this picture. Oops.

WWII Memorial with the Lincoln Memorial in the background.
We saw these kids dancing in front of the Lincoln Memorial. Cool picture of diversity if you ask me!

Figure I can hang this with my Taj Mahal picture. Now I just need to go to Pisa.
Our hotel was really close to Chinatown.
Ready to sleep before the Hokies played the next day.
Brenna wasn't too impressed by the capitol.
Mommy looks so cool in her headphones.
Not the cutest pose, huh?
We finally made it to DC together!

Brenna decided sleep was more important than checking out the White House.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whispers in the Hallway