Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter

We have survived our first roadtrip as a family of 4 (3 humans, 1 dog!). The first thing I learned was that it takes about 3 times as long to pack for a baby than for 2 adults and a dog. However, we made it with everything we needed - success!!

Our first stop was Bristol to see my family. We ate lots of good food and Brenna got LOTS of love from her Nanie, Aunt Mal, Grandma Abel, cousins, great aunts, and friends! She also got a special Easter basket from Nanie - complete with a Bristol Motor Speedway onesie! ;) She also got to meet Big Girl Cara, who I'm sure she'll spend lots of time with as she grows up. And Cousin Jayla got in on the action, too, and I think they liked each other! :)

Cousin Jayla showing Brenna some love!
Nanie and Brenna!
Thanks for the goodies Nanie!
We left Bristol late on Saturday afternoon and heading to see Nana, Papa Bill, and Uncle Brandan. It was so funny - when we pulled into the driveway, I saw Lois get all excited, and I was pretty sure it had nothing to do with me or Jonathan....or Maggie! Brenna got lots more attention and love, and Mommy and Daddy got a few naps over the next 2 days! Brenna got an Easter basket from us - with some car seat toys, a stuffed hippo, an Easter book, a new, soft cloth diaper, some sweet clothes (including Hokie gear!), and shoes. Oh, and let's not forget the Sour Patch Kids candy - that is what I craved at the beginning of my pregnancy, so we just had to include those! We headed to Easter service at Pine Mountain where she met LOTS and LOTS of friends and family. Then we visited with Jonathan's Maw Maw and Paw Paw, cousins, and Aunt Becky! Brenna was SO good and alert! We headed back for one last meal (and nap!) with Jonathan's family before heading home. It was a long, busy weekend, but we are so glad we got to visit with so many people!
Brenna and her basket.
Goodies!!
Maw-Maw and Brenna
Our first Easter as parents!
Angel Baby
Check out my Easter dress. Mommy doesn't know how to turn this picture!
Baby's First Easter
Time to go home!
I don't think you can truly appreciate Easter and it's meaning until you have a child of your own. I cannot fathom how God gave his own Son to die on the cross for my sins. It's the most heartbreaking thing. I'm glad that wasn't the last chapter, and that Jesus was and is alive today. I'm already looking forward to the day that I get to teach Brenna about the miracle of Easter and how much God loves her - enough to watch his own son die for her sins!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whispers in the Hallway