Wednesday, April 14, 2010

All Doctored Out

Brenna and I are all doctored out! We both had checkups today, and both went well. The doctor said I was doing great and I have the go-ahead to start working out again (which I kind of already have, but just a teeny bit!). I also got released to go back to work - but I'm not going back until May 3rd anyway, so that wasn't too depressing. Brenna had another weight check. I haven't really updated much about that, but it got kind of touchy there for awhile and we had to really start keeping a closer eye on her weight. The good news is that on April 2 she finally got back to her birth weight at 8 pounds, 3 ounces. On April 5 she was 8 pounds, 10 ounces. Yep, 7 ounces in 3 days! Today, April 14, she was 9 pounds, 4 ounces. Another 10 ounces in 9 days. Such a relief!!

Yesterday Brenna had her first babysitter. Kristen came over to see how things go before she takes over when I go back to work. I got to go to the gym for a quick workout and to the tanning bed, and Brenna slept for Kristen for about 1/2 the time. Kristen is too sweet to say it, but I'm pretty sure she cried after that, because when I got home she was walking around with her. That's usually what you have to do when she cries for no apparent reason. However, Kristen didn't quit on us, so all is well! Once I got home, I fed Brenna and then headed upstairs to work on some VGLA stuff for school that I've REALLY slacked on and must get done. So nice to get some stuff done. It was weird to leave her, but not nearly as hard as I had built it up in my mind. I trust Kristen and I think Brenna is a pretty great baby, so I felt pretty good about it. Now going back to work full-time - that is going to be a different story.

My next post will probably chronicle our roadtrip we're planning this weekend. We're going to Greenville to see Kelley, Kiran, and Sienna and to meet Rhys and Owen. We'll also get to hang out with Erin and Anneliese a little! On Sunday we're going to drive down to Atlanta and take Brenna to her first Braves game. Let's hope that goes as smoothly as possible with a 6 week old! Stay tuned for lots of pictures and stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whispers in the Hallway